Oh, people object to whatever you do.— Hal Abelson.
- An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming, 3rd ed
- Collected Fictions of Jorge Luis Borges
- From Dawn to Decadence
- Notes towards a set-objective language.
- To Engineer is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design
- You are correct: westerners care more about Boston than Baghdad
- Why the law is slow, impersonal and obsessed with details
- Anatomy of Movement
- Beautiful Women
- Climate Change
- Cross Posted from Club Troppo
- Economics and public policy
- Films and TV
- Geeky Musings
- Government 2.0
- IT and Internet
- K5 Repost
- Politics – international
- Politics – national
- Politics – Northern Territory
- Print media
- Site News
- Software Engineering
- Technical Notes
- Thought Bubbles
Category Archives: Sport-general
In Australia, the annual State of Origin is a very big deal. Though it only deals with players from NSW and Queensland, it nevertheless divides the country into two camps out loud folks and probably does more to raise the … Continue reading
Brother John Pye was a well-known, widely respected Catholic missionary who died last week, aged 102.
Brother Pye spent 16 years on the Tiwi islands in the NT. He brought Catholicism to the islanders with what was perhaps modest success. The other religion he introduced — Australian rules football — was much, much more successful.
Ever since [...] Continue reading