I’ll burn that bridge when I come to it.— Robert Downey Jr.
- An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming, 3rd ed
- Collected Fictions of Jorge Luis Borges
- From Dawn to Decadence
- Notes towards a set-objective language.
- To Engineer is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design
- You are correct: westerners care more about Boston than Baghdad
- Why the law is slow, impersonal and obsessed with details
- Anatomy of Movement
- Beautiful Women
- Climate Change
- Cross Posted from Club Troppo
- Economics and public policy
- Films and TV
- Geeky Musings
- Government 2.0
- IT and Internet
- K5 Repost
- Politics – international
- Politics – national
- Politics – Northern Territory
- Print media
- Site News
- Software Engineering
- Technical Notes
- Thought Bubbles
Category Archives: Humour
Jon Skeet explains that human complexity is one of the causes of software complexity. Everything you might think is simple — numbers, letters and dates — is actually devilishly tricky. Continue reading
I predict that, whenever a bold prediction is issued or the matter of prediction the future discussed, at least one person will deride such efforts and say that the future is, strictly, unpredictable.
He might be a Chester, but he’s not related to me.
Seen on Slashdot’s front page today:
Seems that for a crime to count, it first has to hit the high and mighty. Continue reading