Facebook: bringing adults closer together so that they can fling digital poo just like their primate ancestors.
- An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming, 3rd ed
- Collected Fictions of Jorge Luis Borges
- From Dawn to Decadence
- Notes towards a set-objective language.
- To Engineer is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design
- You are correct: westerners care more about Boston than Baghdad
- Why the law is slow, impersonal and obsessed with details
- Anatomy of Movement
- Beautiful Women
- Climate Change
- Cross Posted from Club Troppo
- Economics and public policy
- Films and TV
- Geeky Musings
- Government 2.0
- IT and Internet
- K5 Repost
- Politics – international
- Politics – national
- Politics – Northern Territory
- Print media
- Site News
- Software Engineering
- Technical Notes
- Thought Bubbles
Category Archives: Business
In ancient greece, the Oracle at Delphi drew its authority and oracular insight from Apollo, the Sun God. In the org-chart of ancient greece this made the Sun more important than the Oracle.
Of course the greeks had it wrong. The Oracle had knowledge; that made it a local power. Apollo received lip service, Delphi received […] Continue reading
My startup dot-com project continues to plod along in the gap between university labs, assignments, tests and other studious miscellanea.
Today I spent some time getting down to the nuts and holts of payment systems.
I’ve done some work on this before, of course. Westpac knocked me back for their ordinary merchant account. I began to look […] Continue reading
As most of you know by now, I’ve been slowly working in my spare time on a dot-com project. I haven’t knuckled down to do a proper risk analysis yet — let’s face it, coding is much more fun — but I’ve certainly kicked various scenarios around in my head while working on it.
So, for […] Continue reading