- An Introduction to Object Oriented Programming, 3rd ed
- Collected Fictions of Jorge Luis Borges
- From Dawn to Decadence
- Notes towards a set-objective language.
- To Engineer is Human: The Role of Failure in Successful Design
- You are correct: westerners care more about Boston than Baghdad
- Why the law is slow, impersonal and obsessed with details
- Anatomy of Movement
- Beautiful Women
- Climate Change
- Cross Posted from Club Troppo
- Economics and public policy
- Films and TV
- Geeky Musings
- Government 2.0
- IT and Internet
- K5 Repost
- Politics – international
- Politics – national
- Politics – Northern Territory
- Print media
- Site News
- Software Engineering
- Technical Notes
- Thought Bubbles
Category Archives: Blegs
As I promised a few weeks ago, I have a brief report outlining the results from the survey I conducted comparing two different mortgage calculation procedures. For the truly curious, here it is. Continue reading
I don’t ask for much from Troppodillians (well apart except from jobs, business advice, money and subjects for experiments).
As part of my requirements for a unit on Software Quality & Measurement at UWA, I’ve developed two different procedures for calculating monthly mortgage repayments. Now I need to trial them on various people and see how […] Continue reading
Skepticlawyer, sometimes called Helen Dale, is working on a new novel. It will apparently include some ‘alternate history’ elements. She’s asking for people to chip in on a list of potential policies and historical twists in order to shore up her own thinking. I reckon the Troppo Army would be well qualified for such a […] Continue reading
My startup dot-com project continues to plod along in the gap between university labs, assignments, tests and other studious miscellanea.
Today I spent some time getting down to the nuts and holts of payment systems.
I’ve done some work on this before, of course. Westpac knocked me back for their ordinary merchant account. I began to look […] Continue reading